When the roads are being over silent and the market places being overly crowded, it is the cue for one and only one thing; Its Diwali time of the year. As people turn for their vacations the corporate world pauses its reign of hectic work hours and speed up for the celebrations. The caterers too wind up their routine of sabji-roti and welcome the Maharashtrian faraal in their diet. The convenience of this faraal is that it adds up as the most amazing travel food pack. There is no liquid mess or over oily and pungent odour to them. Therefore, when travelling carrying this faraal becomes habitual for an empty stomach. While the industrial caterers are famous for their nutrition packed balanced diet food, little do people known that they dabble for the festive food stuff as well. So here are some reasons why the nostalgic Indian snacks becomes your best travel food.
1. Remember the typical gujju sitcoms where baa is always busy making snacks. Well mostly those snacks involve the maharashtrian crunchies like chakli or chivda.
2. The travel foods that we see in the train stations or bus stations, well most of the times they stink or are so oily that we prefer not eating in the travel at all. Probably, because of that, now there are many caterers who offer their services amidst the travel journeys.
3. If its not catering food that you like, then, easy home-made snacks are the best package for travelling. The easy finger foods and the lip-smacking nutritious laddoos are the best giveaway during travels.
4. Other than the typical Diwali snacks, the theplas or parathas give a tough competition to the travel foods. Paratha is the generic and universally acclaimed Indian food which never goes out of style. Another gujju member from this family is the khakra that famously indulged in short term travel or even long distance overseas travels as well.
5. The scrumptious aluwadi or shrikhandwadi are the best source for instant energy in the travels. Many people who have low sugar trouble often carry them as much as the candies. These are the easiest candy substitute with the advantage of nutrition and taste.
6. One more trustworthy food is the Gajag that never disappoints travel foodies. Mostly used in winter travels, Gajak is an instant source for energy. Mostly gajak is a known foodstuff in northern India, as we travel down to west, the name shifts to chikki. And as foreigners like to say it an energy bar or fruit bar. Although the names are different, the objective of it is the same. Easy to carry even in hard treks, Gajak or chikki is the best travel food bar.
7. The balanced or nutritional values of many foods is the factor wherein we take them with us. But, for downright foodies like me, well, we need some rewarding snack as well. So for people like us, there is still hope when there is nankatai or shrews berry biscuits in our pocket. Nutritionally they are not much of a taker, but, if it’s a guilty pleasure you want to indulge in then yes, you definitely should carry them with you for sudden treats.
Incase you are not a bagpacker or a tourister even then these snacks are the best options to choose from. Therefore, if you want to just munch off your hunger, then these typical indian snacks must be always in your temptation list. May it be an industrial catering who gives you the choices, or any general store eatery, these are just a starter for any indian snacker.